Monday 25 November 2013

Bought it...

I have finally bought a motorbike that I have had my eye on for the last few years.

It is a 1982 BMW R80ST which is now just over 30 years old.

The motorbike was owned by a friend of ours and I have had a keen eye on this bike for sometime, often saying to him, 'let me know if you want to sell it and let me have first refusal'. Well when we met in October this year we spoke about the bike again and he said that the time had come and he needed to sell the bike to make room in the garage. The problem was neither of us really knew it's value, and we could not find another one for sale anywhere, so it took a lot of investigation on the web for us both to agree on a price which we eventually did and on the 1st of November I collected the bike in a van and took it to my garage ready to start working on it.

You will be able to follow the progress of this project here on this blog.






Here it is before going in the garage...

No comments:

Post a Comment